Delicious Earl Grey & Maple Syrup Cake
One of our customers sent us photos of a delicious looking Earl Grey & maple syrup cake she made for a brunch with friends. She used bellevue tea earl grey tea bags, of course!
The recipe is from Cottercrunch www.cottercrunch.com and here's the recipe:
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (We use Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 GF Flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar see notes for lower sugar option
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (extra for topping)
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped almond (extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×3 loaf pan with parchment paper or grease thoroughly.
- Steep 2 Earl Grey Tea Bags in 1 cup hot coconut or almond milk. Steep so it’s extra concentrated. Set aside.
- Sift flour and coconut sugar together into a large bowl. Add in the the remaining dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients, one at a time, to the dry mix, starting with tea infused milk, then coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently mix together.
- Lastly, fold in 1/4 cup crushed almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Add remaining crushed almonds on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
- Drizzle extra maple syrup on top and optional powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
- If not serving right away, wrap in foil or keep in air tight container until ready to serve. Freezes well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.